Happiest new year everyone! We are having a lovely relatively laid-back day eating, resting and doing just a little bit of shopping. 2013 flew by and we can’t wait for the next year. Goodbye 2013, you’ve been pretty amazing. This time last year we were recovering from a fun night of revelry with no idea what lay in store for us.
- We made the decision for me to quit my job to stay home with one child, only to find out one week later that another was on the way!
- We moved into our first home (rental) as a family and Charlotte had her first backyard
- We discovered the real food (or clean food) movement
- We took Charlotte to the beach for the second time in her life
- We planted our first garden
- Josephine arrived to change our lives forever
- We ended the year it showing Charlotte snow, airplanes and how amazing family, aunts, grandparents and cousins can be.
Hello 2014. Resolution vs goal… semantics right? Resolutions they say you rarely keep and goals can be attainable. So I guess I’m going for goals. The focus this year is on wellness- a healthier diet, healthier finances and a healthier outlook.
In 2014, we plan to:
- Pay off and stop using all credit cards
- Drastically reduce empty calorie foods and increase vitamin-rich foods for both kiddos and parents
- Find one physical activity we love
- Reduce student loans
- Save for a house
- Give more- money and time to charity, time and love to friends and family, time to be by ourselves and to spend with only each other.
- Get to the point where most of our foods are homemade
Seems manageable? I will revisit these soon one by one as we go through and make an updatable list somewhere on this here blog space. Happy New Year!!!