Oh Vinegar, you smell so bad but work so good. (Thank goodness for essential oils!) White vinegar has long been touted as one of the most efficient cleaners. The best part is the cost. A bottle of vinegar can usually run you less than $1 and the cleaning possibilities are endless.
Here are a few great uses for white vinegar:
1-3) Counters, fridge and appliances: Pour vinegar into a water bottle about half way. Add a few drops of essential oil at a time until the vinegar smell is gone. Use to wipe down kitchen surfaces, the fridge and to get gunk off appliances like
4) Windows: Use extra newspaper and the same mixture to clean windows. They will be streak free and bright and clean.
5) Dishwasher: Add vinegar to the rise cup to have streak free dishes
6) Pet accident: Pour full strength vinegar on the carpet where your pet has had an accident. This should deter them from going there again. Leave the vinegar for 10-15 minutes, then towl the remaining liquid and allow it to air dry.
7) Non-toxic Bleach: Add one cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup on baking soda to your laundry detergent. It will brighten both color and white fabrics.
8) Garbage Disposal and Drain: Pour one cup of hot vinegar and one cup of baking soda down the drain and let sit for an hour before rinsing with hot water.