I made this last night and found it to be easy and delish. I added some balsamic vinegar but later decided that it would have been better without…
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1/2 day
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packets Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 -4 potatoes, cubed
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, with juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with water (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Put all ingredients except cornstarch in a slow cooker on low heat for 6-8-10 hours.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with water.
- Turn heat to high and stir until thickened.